A Canon printer user may face the error codes E04 and E05 on their printer anytime. The error codes E04 and E05 may disappoint a printer user. Removing the error codes may seem difficult to you if you are not familiar with the printer parts. We have explained the methods to clear the error codes E04 and E05 on a Canon printer. Let’s get started and quickly fix the errors.
Reasons behind the Error Codes E04 and E05
If you ever face the error codes E04 and E05 on your Canon printer, do not get disappointed! Either the error code E04 or E05 may occur when your Canon printer fails to recognize the cartridges. The reasons for the printer not recognizing the cartridges have been mentioned below:
- If the printhead is clogged, errors may occur on your Canon printer.
- If your ink cartridges have become empty or do not contain sufficient ink, the error may appear.
- Sometimes, the third-party cartridges installed on your Canon printer may not be compatible with your printer, so errors may arise.
Ways to Fix the Error Codes E04 and E05
A Canon printer user can easily remove the error codes E04 and E05 by following the steps explained below. Read the solutions below.
The first thing you need to do is check if the cartridges installed on your Canon printer do not belong to the third party. If that is so, you may face the error codes E04 and E05 on your Canon printer. To avoid the occurrence of both of these error codes, use the cartridges manufactured by only Canon. If you are encountering the issue despite having installed the genuine ink cartridges, you should try out the second solution below.
When your Canon printer shows one of the error codes, you can fix them by following the instructions:
- First and foremost, you need to turn off your Canon printer and disconnect it from the power supply.
- Open the cover that encloses cartridges.
- After opening the cartridges, you need to pull out the cartridges gently.
- Check if the cartridges contain sufficient ink.
- Also, take a look at the printhead nozzles and make sure that the printhead is not clogged.
- If it is clogged, you have to clean it using a cloth.
- If the printhead is damaged, you need to change the cartridge as a new cartridge will have a new printhead.
- Doing the process above will help you fix the errors.
We have explained the two solutions above. In some cases, the solutions provided above may not work for a Canon printer, so try out the final solution given below. Now is the time to fix it, follow the steps:
- Start the process by turning off the Canon printer.
- After you have turned off the printer, you need to pull out the cartridges after opening the cover.
- You will see a golden chip on the cartridges.
- It is also called the “contact area.” You have to clean it gently using tissue paper or a soft cloth.
- When you have cleaned the contact area, reinstall the cartridges on your Canon printer.
- Turn it on and try printing a test page to see if the error has disappeared.
Prevent the Error Codes from Occurring on Your Canon Printer
To prevent the error codes E04 and E05 from arising on your Canon printer, follow the instructions:
- Make sure that you install only genuine cartridges on your Canon printer.
- Clean the printhead nozzles twice a month if possible.
- Make sure that the ink cartridges contain sufficient ink.
Note: If the problem seems difficult to resolve, we ask you not to get into trouble by trying out the steps mentioned above. Contact a Canon printer expert to get the issue resolved.
The purpose of the article was to introduce you to the ways to fix the errors E04 and E05. One can get rid of these errors by following the steps explained in the article. We hope these solutions put these errors to an end.